Sunday, June 10, 2012

What To Wear on Maternity Leave

My granddaughter is due any day now and I have been very busy smocking dresses and making a baby quilt.  But I must not forget Mom.  When we were shopping, Stefanie admired several maxi dresses, many of the striped and waaay over priced ($85 - $100).  I found this wonderful striped fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics and incredibly soft.  I think it is not only beautiful, but very comfortable.

I can't wait to get to Houston to see that precious granddaughter and my wonderful daughter, who I am so proud of!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely striped pattern in the fabric. I love the colors. The style is perfect for it, too. Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to all of you. Mom will enjoy that pretty dress. Have a safe and happy trip. And then come back home and show me some more SureFit stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn, if she needs nursing access, there are a bunch of tutorials out on how to make those, including my own: http://paradise-graphic.com/sewparadise/t-shirt-maxi-dress/ and http://paradise-graphic.com/sewparadise/trio-of-nursing-tops/
    Otherwise if the neckline is low enough, I wear a nursing camp and pull down the neck. And that is gorgeous, gorgeous - looks like a super designer maxi dress! the ones that cost $375 and up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry that would be cami as in camisole. autocorrect, boo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Did you design this one yourself?

    ReplyDelete