Friday, June 15, 2012

Maxi #2


I had so much fun making the maxi dress for my daughter, I decided to make one for me.  Someone on Stitcher's Guild suggested that the CJ Pleat Front dress might make a good maxi.  I had just made this pattern in a short version, sleeveless.  Unlike the previous dress, I remembered to raise the armhole 1 inch.  I also lengthened it 15 inches.

The fabric is from Gorgeous Fabrics.  I loooove this fabric!  It's a jersey knit that drapes beautifully and has some weight to it.  Last I looked, Ann had more of this fabric in three different colors.

This will be a great dress to have in Houston as I visit with my daughter, son-in-law, and my precious granddaughter, Lydia.  My daughter's due date is tomorrow, so we are all on pins and needles waiting for the new arrival.

5 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! Good luck tomorrow...I hope that everything goes smoothly and that both mother and child do well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful dress in a fabulous print.

    Good luck with the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations (very soon!!) on the new baby.....Enjoy!!!

    This is one gorgeous dress!! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress! best wishes to mom and baby, hope all goes beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is really very pretty, heading over to Gorgeous Fabrics right now. It will be perfect for holding the new baby...I hope she is always healthy, wealthy, and wise!

    ReplyDelete