Saturday, June 9, 2012

Adventures in Color Blocking


I have been wanting to make a color blocked dress for quite some time.  I had purchased the light green and orange ponte from Sawyer Brook several months ago, trying to decide what to do.  I decided it needed something more, so purchased the fuchsia knit a couple of weeks ago.  This knit was lighter weight than the others, even though it was also a ponte.  So I doubled it at the bottom to make a band, eliminating the hem.

I used my Sure Fit Designs dress kit/ knit top with a dart and the leaflet instructions for making dolman sleeves.  The idea of the curved lines came from a new Vogue pattern.

Here I am on a very humid day.  The picture, along with the angle isn't great, but you get the idea.
I had enough fuchsia left over and some black and white knit stripe from Marcy Tilton to make a top.
These were a lot of fun and quick to make.  The drafting took less time than I anticipated.

5 comments:

  1. Great colour blocking. I especially like the tee as the pnk really sets off the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour blocking looks fabulous - I really want to do some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super dress and T. I hope to have as good success with my SF when I get going on it as you have had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun colors! Great summer dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fresh sherbet colors of your colorblock dress. It looks really lovely on you. The top is cute too.

    ReplyDelete