Saturday, June 9, 2012
Adventures in Color Blocking
I have been wanting to make a color blocked dress for quite some time. I had purchased the light green and orange ponte from Sawyer Brook several months ago, trying to decide what to do. I decided it needed something more, so purchased the fuchsia knit a couple of weeks ago. This knit was lighter weight than the others, even though it was also a ponte. So I doubled it at the bottom to make a band, eliminating the hem.
I used my Sure Fit Designs dress kit/ knit top with a dart and the leaflet instructions for making dolman sleeves. The idea of the curved lines came from a new Vogue pattern.
Here I am on a very humid day. The picture, along with the angle isn't great, but you get the idea.