Monday, March 21, 2011

All Aboard the Train!

The Marrakesh pants are finished! I love this pattern. I made a pants muslin first, and struggled with some of the instructions. Then I decided to go with what I know, and worked it out. I tried to use Trudy's instructions for the fly front zipper, but then the waistband was too short. So for the real pants, I made the waistband extra long in the front and Sandra Betzina's instructions for the zipper. She has the best instructions for this.

As for alterations, there were very few. I love how Hot Patterns puts all of the measurements on the pattern including rise. The size 12 rise was perfect for me, but unfortunately, I needed the size 14 width. As usual, I needed a slight decrease in the width in the seat. That was it. They came out great. The fabric for the real pants were from Casual Elegance - linen-like polyester in tan and white. Because the pants were in a light colored fabric, I left off the pockets.

These pants are so comfortable. I wore the tan pair today at work and it felt as if I was in my pj's all day!

Here are the pictures. They remind me that I need to continue to try to lose those 2 pounds! The sweater set is from Silhouettes patterns. I then dared to take a picture with the pants tucked in so you could see the waistband.



4 comments:

  1. Carolyn, you look so nice in your new spring coordinates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit. looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Carolyn, just started following your blog - outfit looks nice - I could do with some pants that feel like PJ's - and like you continue to try and lose weight - am currently cooking WW meals for me and all my family - problem is, they are losing weight and not me - think its an age thing now I am in my 50's :-(

    ReplyDelete