Sunday, February 20, 2011

Has It Really Been a Year???




I can't believe it's been nearly a year since I posted on this blog! I haven't been neglecting my sewing, just my blog. Over the last year, I've made several one seam pants out of necessity. I gained some weight and needed pants fast! A combination of being a newlywed, and grieving my Mom's death by making many of her dishes as comfort food did me in. So after Christmas, it was back to Weight Watchers (I'm a life time member) and am down 8 pounds so far. I have 17 more to go.




Besides the one seam pants, I also made several jackets and cardigans. I have noticed that my style and taste for clothes is changing. I am making less structured things and focusing on better quality fabric. I have several things ready to start, including a couple of Marrakesh pants with fabric from Casual Elegance. My last completed project, as of last night was a Marcy Tilton top. I think it will become one of my favorites. I plan to make a couple more that are sleeveless for the hot, Alabama summers. Here's my new top: The first picture shows the twisted neckline, which was a lot of fun to do.




Hopefully, I won't wait another year for my next post.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn,
    Good to see you posting again! Congratulations on your weight loss, too!

    ReplyDelete