Saturday, July 4, 2009






Here are the most recent creations from my sewing room:





I love this dress! It is from Vogue 8555. There are several large pleats, which was time consuming, but well worth the effort. I wear this with a lime green cardigan for the office. I have received several compliments on this dress and have been called Michelle Obama! The best of compliments.










Kwik Sew 3199 will be a new TNT blouse pattern for me. I love the fit of this blouse. The pattern also has a long sleeve, and mandarin collar versions. Definitely a pattern that will take me into fall.


The fabric is a fabulous embroidered cotton from Gorgeous Fabrics.





This is one of those patterns that didn't work for me! And it's a shame, because I loved this fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics. Oh well, the life of a sewer! It was from Favorite things. They are pull on pants with elastic in the back. No matter how much I took it up in the sides, it was just too big, and I knew that with the stretch fabric, the shorts would just keep slipping down. I would hate for my shorts to fall off in public, so sadly, they and the pattern went in the trash!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Fourth. There will be hamburgers and hot dogs cooking on the grill, while a watermelon cools in the refrigerator at the Miller/ O'Bryan home.

No comments:

Post a Comment